Through our monthly meetings we gather to share our collective experience with managing hives, coping with various challenges, discovering effective ways to optimize our honey harvest, preparing for seasonal changes, etc. Beekeepers come from diverse backgrounds and our meetings provide opportunities to socialize and support each other in our efforts with honeybees. CCBA manages our own apiary at the ChesLen Preserve where we demonstrate techniques and conduct research.
Membership in the CCBA also provides a monthly newsletter of the latest happenings in our club, including upcoming meetings, helpful hints, summaries of new information, and topical discussions.
We invite you to join us! First year membership dues are $20 and may be paid by cash, check or PayPal. Please click on the form below, print, complete and return to become a member or to renew, join or reinstate your membership. You are welcome to mail the form, or take a photo of it on your phone and send to CCBA Treasurer John McMichael
Questions about membership? Please contact John McMichael
Membership/Dues for 2017
- All Memberships are based on the calendar year, beginning January 1, and ending December 31
- Primary Membership (which carries voting rights, and the right to participate in Association bulk purchases and other programs) is open to anyone age 18 years or older.
- Each Primary Member has the right to one vote
- Each Primary Member may add as Associate (non-voting and non-paying) Members, family members living in the same household;
- The qualifications for Honorary Lifetime (Primary) Membership remain unchanged.
- Annual Renewal Dues for Primary Members shall be fifteen dollars ($15.00) per year.
- Dues reminders will be published in the January, February and March issues of the CCBA monthly Newsletter.
- Any Primary Membership not renewed by May 1 each year shall be deemed to have lapsed. The names of both the Primary Member and any Associate members in that Primary Member’s household shall be removed from the Membership Roster and the e-mail distribution list used to send the monthly CCBA Newsletters and other correspondence at that time.
- Primary Members whose Membership has lapsed may apply for Reinstatement either within the same calendar year or a subsequent year for a fee of five dollars ($5.00) in addition to the annual dues of fifteen dollars ($15.00) for a total cost of twenty dollars ($20.00).
- The first-year dues for all New Primary Memberships shall be twenty dollars ($20.00) between January 1 and June 30. The cost of a New Primary Membership from July 1 through December 31 shall be ten dollars ($10.00).
[We encourage CCBA members to join the Pennsylvania State Beekeepers Association (PSBA), which can be contacted directly through email@example.com. We no longer collect dues for PSBA.]